Friday 2 August 2013

Pictish Raiders 4

Here is the second unit of raiders to be finished for my Pictish Raiders force for Dux Britanniarum.

GB, BTD, GB, GB, BTD, GB

The models are a mix of Black Tree Design and Gripping Beast, and the shield transfers are as usual from the excellent Little Big Men Studios. I've been trying out some new stuff with the bases and I'm liking how they look now – a bit more interesting without being too cluttered. When all units are done, I will go back and update the bases of the first units using the same techniques.


Unfortunately I've had some problems with the wash drying uneven and patchy, as you can see in the close-ups. I think it might have something to do with the weather here in Sweden the last couple of weeks – very hot and humid. The models look good on arm's length distance though, which is how they will be viewed most of the time so I guess it's not that big a deal.


With this unit finished it's already half the army done, which is certainly good for the painting morale! I'll be off on vacation for most of next week but I aim to have another unit done before the week is over.

Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank your Christopher, I'm glad you like them.

      Delete
  2. Greate work on these Jonas. Love the parterna on the cloth, vell worth the extra time!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! Yes, it's definitely worth taking a little extra time doing the patterns – it looks so much better.

      Delete
  3. They're so colourful and vibrant, little beauties Jonas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran! I'm sure that's how their contemporaries saw them too ... ;)

      Delete