Sunday 9 June 2013

Novgorodians 7 – WIP

I've been making some progress on the final city militia unit for the Novgorod force, but not as much as I had hoped. Thus, this week it's another WIP-update, this time of some archers:


The miniatures are all from Gripping Beast. As you may have noticed, I'm using some duplicate models also used in the skirmish unit. Normally I'm not very fond of this (especially not in skirmish games) but the range is fairly limited when it comes to missile troops. However, I'm painting the city militia models in brighter colours, and adding some patterns to the clothes, to make these models stand out from their "copies".

We have a game of Lion Rampant planned for the 24th, were the Novgorodians will make their debut on the battlefield. I'm very much looking forward to this, and to finish this project. As usual, I'm finding it a bit hard to focus in the end of a project  – I'm itching to get started on the next one! – but I'm confident the whole force will be done in time for our game.

Finally, a warm welcome to the new follower cash1204. I hope you will like the blog and find some inspirational stuff here.

'Til next time everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking archers, very nice work with the colors!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good work Jonas ! Sorry that I have to smash them with my crusader knights;)

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you gentlemen, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great, Jonas! I know the feeling. So much energy and excitement to start a project and then it slowly fades and another project comes along. Better, brighter and this project really gets you! But you want to be faithful to your original project so you see it through. Then you tell her that it's time that you should see other projects. What was I talking about again?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty! Well, you just have to stick with he... I mean it. ;)

      Delete