Friday 22 January 2016

FIW Civilians


When I sold off my FIW French I agreed with the buyer to paint some Redoubt Miniatures civilians. I've had these in my lead pile for a while and it was nice to finally paint them up even if it was for a commission.





The sculpts are a bit hit and miss to be honest. Some of the heads are comically big and some of the poses look a bit weird. Also, the gun stock on one of the models was slightly miscast. Nevertheless, I think they have a certain charm and they do paint up nicely.





They'll soon be on their way to France (very fittingly), to join the rest of the force.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend everyone!

20 comments:

  1. I really like those and you've done an excellent job on the painting front:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had a soft spot for Redoubt miniatures, especially when then look this good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! The Redoubt miniatures are a bit hit and miss, but there are some gems in there.

      Delete
  3. Great painting Jonas. Love the chap in the yellow waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another excellent set of additions to your collection Jonas!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work on these guys Jonas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On their way to France? Cool, they look superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! Yes, indeed, they're going to France.

      Delete
  7. Really great brushwork. I really like your use of colours. /Mattias

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellently painted, lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete